As Covid 19 has changed many things in our lives the demand for PPE and safety products has exploded. Everyday life now requires an element of PPE at some point. One of the products that has seen demand grow has always been around. With so many pairs of gloves now available and needed across the world we thought it was time to explain the options that are available and there uses. It is easy to find disposable gloves on line but are you certain you are selecting the right material for your need. As a UK medical PPE Supplier we want our customers and partners to work with us as such we feel that we should provide knowledge as well as medical PPE.
- Check your hand size before buying – Gloves that are too tight or too large will not offer the same level of protection as ones that fit correctly.
- Ensure gloves meet the protection standards you require – Most gloves are worn as PPE and therefore must comply with the regulations required to ensure tasks are carried out safely.
- Check for a CE mark – This is an industry standard mark that ensures the gloves have undergone the correct testing and certification.
The most common type of glove is produced from nitrile and is used across many industries. Chosen mainly for its flexibility across functions this glove has good tensile properties and protects across a wide range of chemicals and hazardous substances. It is manufactured using synthetic rubber, making it a good option for those suffering latex allergies.
- Food Product
- Medical industries
It is important to check when using Nitrile Disposable Gloves that the gloves can protect against the chemical or hazardous substance being handled. Nitrile gloves should not be used when working with electrics.
The main benefit of latex gloves is the fit to skin property of the material. This allows the user to have a close touch feel. They are not as durable as Nitrile and not suitable for handling many chemicals. It is safe as a barrier against infections diseases and is biodegradable and therefore environmentally friendly. Latex Disposable Gloves are used mainly in the following areas
- medical professionals
- those working in the beauty industry
- those looking for better dexterity and fit
- biodegradable features for green practices
- a glove that fits like a second skin
- those who need a high level of touch sensitivity.
Are made of a synthetic material and manufactured at low cost. A versatile glove for short term use to avoid cross contamination. Often used in the food industry for food preparation. It should be noted it is not suitable or recommended as a glove if handling fatty foods. They do not have a good tear or tensile strength and are used is the following sectors.
- Low risk procedures
- food preparation (except fatty food)
- those looking for a looser fit
- lower budgets
- working with non-hazardous materials
- those with allergies to latex.
The most versatile disposable glove for low risk situations. This glove is not suitable for medical use or when working with hazardous or chemical substances. Manly used is ares that require sanitation such a s food preparation. They are loose fitting and not suitable if a sensitive touch feel is needed
- food preparation tasks
- jobs that require high levels of sanitisation – such as cleaning tasks and when serving food
- when working with non-hazardous substances.
- Design www.im-uk.com